Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Scared.

Heaven help me.

I've been moving around a lot. Been trying to only stay in one spot for a little while. I've camped some, I've slept in makeshift lean-tos some nights, sometimes I've found some structures to stay in. I never stay in one spot too long; I keep a careful watch. So how does It keep finding me?

I saw It again today, just as persistent as ever. Just as patient. But I think It's starting to get frustrated that I keep running, because this time I saw It moving. I managed to make it back to my cabin before It got too close, but It's still out there. It keeps patrolling around the perimeter like some sort of awkwardly thin soldier. Sometimes It seems to hover off the ground, gliding. Sometimes It walks on two stilt-like legs, sometimes on many more...

I'm sure It's trying to get in at me. I'm sure It knows I'm in here, and It's trying to find a way inside. I've been stealing quick looks at It from my second-floor window as It makes Its rounds around the building to see where It is. That thing doesn't move anything like any animal I've ever seen.

You know how earthworms move, how they curl up and squirm around? You know that long-legged, graceful gait deer have? Ever seen the way a bird's leg bends back at the knee joint, backwards from ours?

It moves like all three. At once.

God, knees shouldn't bend both forward and back like that. And arms shouldn't move like they're rubber bands.

Some of the articles I read on It, some of them called It "Slender Man". Fuck that, this thing isn't a man.

I'm sitting here curled up on the floor as I type this. It's close. Very, very close. I know It's nearby because every time It gets close I get terribly nauseous.

Been keeping low. Maybe if I keep curled up, maybe It won't see me. But the windows of this little cabin are pretty thin. If… if It only hit them hard enough…

No, Jeremy. Don't. Don't go there; just stay down and don't panic. It wants you to panic. Besides, even if you managed to get out in time there's no way you could run from something that insanely fast.

There's tapping on the windows now. Very softly, so softly you could mistake it for a tree branch scraping against the glass. But you know better than that, don't you, Jeremy? You know better.

Oh God, that sound

Tap-tap. Tap-tap-tap. Tap.

Like that. Sounds almost like that, almost random. Almost playful.
Oh Jesus Christ, It's taunting me. That's gotta be why It's doing this. It's amused by my fear. And the sounds keep getting closer. Closer to where I am.

Oh God, does It already know?




Stay calm, jer, keep typing, stay calm, don't panic now. It doesn't matter if you feel like you're about to throw up. It doesn't matter if you feel like breaking down crying right now. Just. Stay. Fucking. Calm.

Wait, the sound… it just stopped. The scraping just stopped… And I don't feel so sick anymore…

Did… did It just leave? Is It really gone?

Oh Christ my pulse is pounding like crazy and I can't stop crying it's getting hard to type I'm shaking so bad

Calm. Down. Jeremy. Right now. Calm down. Breathe. Keep typing and breathe.

... I should check. I have to. I have to know if It's gone. I'll have to run again; I can't stay here anymore… what if It comes back? What if next time, It's not content with tapping on my windows? I need to at least check real quick. I need to see if

Oh God It's right fucking there staring at me oh God oh God

No comments:

Post a Comment